Istanbul offers a high number of places to go day and night, since its population nears 15 million people from different parts of the country as well as the world. There are plenty of restaurants, bars, pubs, cafés, tea gardens, night clubs, discos, taverns all around the city. In the touristic sites you may find all kinds of those food and entertainment places gathered close to a square or along the alleys. Of course, during your visit, probably in a limited time schedule, you will never want to risk your health and money for random places. Turkish Cuisine shall offer you a very delicious gustatory variety that will reflect traditional tastes of different regions including Ottoman and Mediterranean backgrounds.
Below you will find a list of top ten places for food and entertainment:
1. Hamdi Restaurant : Great kebab, with a splendid view of nearby mosques in Eminönü. During summer, you can enjoy the outside terrace. Its speciality is the grilled eggplant kebab.
2. Sunset Grill & Bar : Originally it was opened as Californian Kitchen but now you can find everything along with a magnificient view of Bosphorus.
3. Reina Bar : Waterside dinner and dancing in breathtaking open-air setting that includes several bars, restaurants, and dance floors for more than 2,500 people.
4. Pierre Loti Café : A lovely cafe among the green, located on a hill with beautiful trees, where you can enjoy the wonderful view of the Golden Horn.
5. Istanbul Jazz Center : Internationally acclaimed jazz musicians and top homegrown talent. Sleek terrace for preshow entertainment and dinner in the summertime; intimate, elegant interior of low tables and pillowed divans.
6. Babylon : Iconic venue for world, rock, jazz, and experimental Turkish music.
7. Boukoleon Fish Restaurant : This is known as the best seafood restaurant in Sultanahmet with the view of Marmara Sea and Princes' Island.
8. Bosphorus Tour : The Istanbul skyline is justifiably one of the most famous cityscapes in the world, and while there are many places from which to admire it, by far the best is the deck of a boat on the Bosphorus.
9. Turkish Bath : Whether you’d prefer to soak, steam or to have a massage, a stop at a Turkish bath can be a wonderful break.
10. Maiden's Tower : Maiden's Tower is the symbol of Istanbul due to its unique location at the intersection point of the two continents Europe and Asia, 2500 years old history and legends that have been subject to many stories and poems through out the history.